Formal Complaint Procedures
The District recognizes that it is primarily responsible to ensure compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations governing educational programs. The district will make concerted efforts to resolve concerns at the informal level beginning with the teacher or principal whenever possible and appropriate. We encourage our parents and community members to communicate with appropriate school personnel to address any concerns and work collaboratively towards a resolution. At times, situations may arise in which a complaint cannot be resolved through an informal process, and would require a formal complaint to be filed.
A complaint filed under the Uniform Complaint Procedures (UCP) is a written and signed statement by an individual, public agency, or organization alleging a violation of federal or state laws governing educational programs offered by the district, including but not limited to, allegations of unlawful discrimination, harassment, intimidation, bullying, and failure to comply with laws relating to pupil fees and the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP).
- Uniform Complaint Procedures - Board Policy 1312.3: ENGLISH | SPANISH
- Uniform Complaint Form: ENGLISH | SPANISH
- Annual UCP Notice: ENGLISH | SPANISH
- NonDiscrimination Board Policy 5145.3: ENGLISH | SPANISH
- Sexual Harassment Board Policy 5145.7: ENGLISH | SPANISH
- Title IX Sexual Harassment Procedures 5145.71: ENGLISH | SPANISH
- Bullying Board Policy 5131.2
WILLIAMS UNIFORM COMPLAINT PROCEDURES
- Complaints regarding the insufficiency of textbooks and instructional materials.
- Complaints regarding teacher vacancy or misassignment.
- Complaints regarding the condition of school facilities.